Contest & Prevent Training
The UK Government Counter Terrorism Strategy
Suggested Course Outline
Introduction to the Counter Terrorism Strategy (CONTEST) – what it is and why it is important.
The CONTEST strategy organised around four workstreams:
1. Pursue – intended to stop terrorist attacks – this remains the responsibility of the
government and the security services
2. Prevent – aims to stop people from becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism and includes:
- How some people become radicalised
- Why people become radicalised
- Who are the likely targets and who does the radicalisation
- Signs to look for
- What to do if you believe it is happening
- Why it can be difficult to spot
3. Protect – will strengthen our protection against terrorist attack
4. Prepare – will mitigate the impact of an attack where it cannot be avoided and includes:
- Crisis planning – preparing your staff so that they can manage a variety of
crises effectively – this will include, active shooter, knife attack, hostage
taking, gas and bomb attack
- Medical trauma – managing medical emergencies until the emergency
services arrive – will focus on terrorist-related injuries, including gunshot,
blast, knife and burn wounds
- The aftermath – how to help staff cope with the psychological trauma that is
an inevitable reaction to traumatic events
These sessions can be practiced as live exercises, where staff have the chance to put the theory into practice. This is a vital part of your preparedness which requires preparation and planning.
In the wider sense, it is the government and the security services who have the responsibility for maintaining and running the CONTEST strategy. However, it would be remiss of us to believe that we, as businesses and individuals, have no part to play.
We can make our staff aware and help them understand how they can help.
Security is the responsibility of every individual and organisation and while we hope it will never happen to us, we should be ready if it does.
Our staff have worked with organisations around the world, preparing them for the threats they face. We present the training in a way that helps people deal with what can be a difficult subject, especially for those who have been or know someone who has been a victim. By the end of the sessions, you will have learned new skills and have a greater awareness of the elements of the CONTEST strategy that exists to help us all.
For further details please contact us: MARC Solutions Worldwide LTD.
Mobile UK: +44 (0) 7731 848 928 email: firstname.lastname@example.org